How to get here
Listed are various mode of transportation that you will take on how to get here in Boracay, Asia’s premier spot for windsurfing and kitesurfing.
VIA PLANE FROM MANILA AIRPORT
There are two airports nearby Boracay Island.
Caticlan Airport (Godofredo P. Ramos Airport) is approximately 15 minutes land and sea travel to and from Boracay. The flights bound to Caticlan were using ATR or turbo-prop aircraft which only allowed a maximum prepaid baggage of 10 kgs per passenger, until the airport recently upgraded and the extended runway was opened for use on November 2016. Since then, you can pre-book up to a maximum of 45 kgs/passenger on selected airlines.
Kalibo International Airport is approximately 2.5 hours land and sea travel to and from Boracay.
Scoot and Silkair have Singapore-Kalibo flights.
Cebu Pacific, Airasia, Philippine Airlines, Air Seoul (starts December 22, 2017) and Pan Pacific Airlines have Seoul-Incheon-Kalibo flights
Airasia has Kuala Lumpur-Kalibo flights.
Below are the list of websites for the airlines with domestic flights going to airports nearby Boracay:
- www.cebupacificair.com has flights from Manila to Kalibo Airport and Caticlan Airport.
- www.philippineairlines.com has flights from Manila to Kalibo Airport and Caticlan Airport.
- www.airasia.com is a budget airline with flights from Manila to Kalibo Airport and Caticlan airport.
- www.flyskyjetair.com has flights from Manila to Caticlan Airport.
- www.air-swift.com has flights from El Nido (Palawan) to Caticlan Airport.
- www.airjuan.com has flights from Coron/Busuanga (Palawan) and Cuyo (Palawan) to Caticlan Airport.
VIA SHIP (2Go)
A cheaper way of going to Boracay is through a ship. There is no luggage limit. The ship leaves from Batangas Port, and it is 2 hours away from Manila via bus. The bus ticket costs around Php140-175/person and approximately around Php3,000 for a chartered taxi.
travel.2go.com.ph has 8am and 9pm departures from Batangas Port. It’s 9 hours travel time. The ship docks in Caticlan Jetty Port.
TRANSIT TIME AND COSTS
- From Caticlan Airport to Caticlan Jetty Port: Php50 tricycle ride
- From Kalibo Airport to Caticlan Jetty Port: Php175/person for L300 vans and Php1,000-1,500 for chartered L300 vans or taxis.
- From Caticlan Jetty Port to Cagban Jetty Port in Boracay: Php25 (before 6pm) or Php30 (after 6pm) for the boat ride. Also, you have to pay a Php100 Terminal Fee and Php75 Environmental Fee.
- From Cagban Jetty Port to Reef Riders Windsurf, Kitesurf & SUP Center (Bolabog Beach): Php150 for the tricycle or Php250-Php300 for a multi-cab.
The hotels usually arrange for the transfer service. Or there are various agencies facilitating the transfer service. Southwest Tours is a leading agency for the transfer service.